Thread: For Sale
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011, 00:09   #3
Mike 700
Premier Member

Hi Matt, What a coincidence, my grandson( who lives in Copenhagen) is called Mathias, so similar!

There are 11 services recorded in 'the book' one of which was carried out by a friend of mine ( he is a qualified Ford fitter and did it in his spare time ) one is by the Dealer I bought the car from, and the rest are all Volvo dealers, 5 being from Fawcett's Volvo in Newbury, 3 from Stratstone Volvo, and one from, Walkers which became Stratstone. I have paid for the last 7 services. All repairs have always been carried out ,but the following jobs are currently outstanding :-
Top engine mount rubber split, same with rear engine mount , turbo air intake bracket broken, none of which are 'desperate', but the front suspension lower arm bushes are split and will need replacing in time for MOT in November, all of these jobs are estimated to cost around £800 if going through the main Volvo dealer, but considerably less if you go elsewhere I guess, also, the reversing sensors have just stopped working but can be replaced if necessary for £50 ish. I have an invoice ( which I can copy for you ) from Fawcetts showing £7000 px for my car against a new XC60 which arrives tomorrow supposedly, so I can't let it go below this figure. If your interested we need to be quick as it only takes about 3-4 days to get the new car ready.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote