View Single Post
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 14:33   #27
venomtail

Default Update: Went to get a diagnostic. Volvo dealership ruined it

So the mechanics and dealerships are finnaly opening up, and I had the chance to book in a diagnostics test to see what's wrong. The dealership pretty much made it worse.

So on the day I went to get a diagnostics test done from the volvo dealership, I arrived like normal. The car drives pretty much normal, smooth with just lack of power. Got the car back in the afternoon, and that's when the problems started.

First, they didn't even want the mechanic to come out to talk to us about the problem they found. The first time that's happened. I've been to no other place where they don't want a mechanic to come out.
Second, the report diagnostic that they did give me is borderline useless. They outlined things that don't work, such as the DPF filter. Shame, I guess it's beyond cleaning cause I've got it cleaned twice now. They also outlined that their generic MAF sensor isn't generic and I need to get a generic one(How does that work?) and that the egr valve isn't fully working. Everything else is working perfectly, expect one thing that I'll get onto later
Third, the report itself is inadequate. Not only is there like two sentences about the things not working collectively, they also don't even give you the error codes anymore. What's up with that? I was only at a dealership some 5 years ago and they gave all of the codes to me, a 10 pages booklet of all the problems and information and all of that was very usefull. Nothing of that here!
And here's the biggest issue: Fourth. After a few discussions, they mentioned how the engine's very uneasy and sounds like a cylinder not working. I took it as a joke because why would a cylinder not work? I delivered the car with everything working. So then I go to pickup my car and indeed. The engines very rough with pretty much no power. And indeed one of the cylinders does infact seem to not be working. In the report is says "misfire detected." Car should display "check engine" at least, but my dash is completely clear.

The car's now in limp mode, barely been able to do 5mph. Had to get towed to get back home. The dealership should be ashamed. Made my drivable car literally unusable after a simple diagnostics test. They quoted me a £3500 fix for the DPF filter alone and with that they didn't even guarantee that the car will run after that. Never going there again. Makes me not want to get a Volvo ever again.

So now I'm one car down. Stuck at home and waiting till my mechanics around me open back up and see what can be done from there. And I'm never returning to that place. New filter is about £300 on eurocarparts and I'll do it myself.

So yea. There's the little update with a small rant. Never go to a dealership, not even for a diagnosis check to see how well your car's doing.
venomtail is offline   Reply With Quote