View Single Post
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 00:34   #14
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan 244 View Post
So are you saying the FRF one was genuine Volvo that fell to bits? Or that they supplied something different as they couldn’t get the Volvo one? If it was the Volvo one I find that very strange, as I said the one I bought in 2005 was on the car for over 100k and lasted just over 10 years. The new one is just the same quality to look at, it’s heavy and well finish. And it’s no more money than a cheep aftermarket kit!
Unfortunately yes, a genuine Volvo.

The old exhaust that came with the car the back box fell to bits and phoned FRF and the back box and tailpipe was £70 on its own or whole kit around £144 delivered. Went with whole kit and fitted it. Lasted no more than 5 years for some reason and ended up buying aftermarket as was told the Volvo kit NLA on the forum.

It may of rusted out more as I generally parked on grass and in the last 3 years of ownership didn't do many miles as bought a 940

It did seem weighty and well made but in my case didn't last.

On my 940 I have a BM make exhaust inc downpipe, on for 2 years and its ok but fit isn't the best as blowing on over axle to back box join as one pipe bigger than other. Needs re sealing with the exhaust paste.

James.
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post: