View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 18:05   #2
steV50

I looked into this when buying a spacesaver spare for my 68 plate V40 2.0L petrol.

The TMS two level boot floor for £95 is just the two level boot floor kit and is all you need. The kit for £206 is the two level boot floor kit plus an additional cover that goes over the spare wheel.

I ordered the parts from Volvo in Southampton. The parts guy was very helpful and told me that you can no longer buy the spare wheel kit complete so he had to order the parts separately. I also ordered the two level boot floor kit but he wasn't sure whether it would all fit a 2.0L T2. The parts arrived later that day and he helped me to fit them and the spacesaver spare and high level boot floor fit perfectly. We couldn't fit the lower boot floor because of the very shallow wheel well so the spare sits just below the high level floor. I didn't bother with the additional cover that goes over the wheel as it didn't seem necessary and not worth £100.

I understand that there are several different boot floor pressings depending on the model and exhaust system. The parts guy thought that with the D2 engine you could fit the two boot floors as the D2 has a deeper wheel well but maybe that is not the case with all D2 engines.

The V40 Cross Country is the same as the V40 so if you buy the spacesaver spare and the two level boot floor you will definitely be able to fit the wheel and high level floor.

Last edited by steV50; Aug 1st, 2022 at 18:34.
steV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steV50 For This Useful Post: