View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 17:21   #1
rx6180
Part-timer

Default Space saver spare for 2015 V40 Cross Country

I've owned a 2015 V40 Cross Country D2 for three years and have decided (if possible) I'd like a space saver spare wheel in the boot instead of an air pump and a bottle of goo. Online research from all the usual places like Google, eBay and this forum tells me I would need a two-level boot floor kit to bury the space saver under the boot floor, since my Cross Country has a VERY shallow boot depression so I would lose boot space in order to carry a spare. However here is my problem. eBay will sell me anything, whether it is right for my car of not. One of my Google hits is TMS Volvo, selling a two level boot floor kit for £95....and apparently much the same thing for £206.

https://www.volvoparts.tmsmotorgroup...3--12703-p.asp

https://www.volvoparts.tmsmotorgroup...3--12607-p.asp

I assumed the higher price meant the wheel plus jack were included, but it certainly is not made clear. Also muddled is the red lettering lower down the listings saying things like "This item must be fitted with a temp spare except D2 engines" and "Cannot be combined with a Tempspare, except D2 engines". Which mine has got. It's a D2. I cannot see why the hell a D2 engine makes any difference to the boot. I sent TMS a 'Contact Us' message yesterday for clarification. They didn't reply. In the past hour I contacted my nearest dealer, Marshall Motor Group, for a price for the parts. At first they gave me £275 fitted. I said I'd do it myself and just needed the parts. After considerable keyboarding the parts man, sounding genuinely flummoxed, said he couldn't find a reference for the parts to fit a 'Cross Country'. Normal V40 yeah. Cross Country no. He said it didn't look as though it could be done to a Cross Country. So I found the number and telephoned TMS Volvo, to get a more direct response from them, regarding their confusing online parts listing, seeing as they can't type back to me. Bad phone line, parts guy with a foreign accent, but after much waiting he too said he would need to ask a technician for advice and 'get back to me'. They are closed now and guess what? They haven't got back to me.

So does anybody know of any reason why a 16" space saver Volvo wheel CANNOT be fitted along with a two level boot floor kit, to a 2015 V40 Cross Country, when it could be fitted to a regular V40, and what the D2 engine has to do with any part of the equation?
rx6180 is offline   Reply With Quote