View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2023, 17:09   #10
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS40 View Post
Tanatton, can i ask what issues you had with Yuasa batteries as my less than 2 year old 5000 series battery is not holding a charge.
My previous XC90 was a project and had been stood a year so when I bought it, hence I needed a battery quickly and at the weekend, so I went to Halfords and got the top of the range one which was a Yuasa 5000 job. I thought the car had a parasitic drain as it never held charge for more than 2 weeks, but when I got around to testing it, and even leaving the battery cables disconnected, it only lasted 2-3 weeks before it wouldn't have enought power to start the car. Hence I took it back to Halfords about 3 months after buying it, and they put it on a tester which confirmed it was faulty and they replaced it there and then.

And then the exact same thing happened with the replacement battery after about 18 months - it would not hold hardly any charge and would only last about a week without the car being used before it was flat, but again Halfords replaced it immediately after their tester confirmed it was faulty.

With all confidence gone, I sold the new replacement battery on e-bay as brand new, unused and bought a Bosch battery from a local motor factors.

Other people swear by them but I'm not prepared to risk making a mistake for a third time.... I was lucky the first twice I didn't get left stranded.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Sep 19th, 2023 at 17:14.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post: