View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 12:44   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
Hi all,

I recently acquired a V90 cross country. It is an amazing car but to my great surprise the car doesn't have a drive mode switch. This is usually located just behind the engine start toggle and would allow me to select eco / dynamic / off road drive modes.

No doubt this missing feature is a quirk of the seemingly strange Irish new vehicle delivery system where we often get screwed with lower spec cars than our neighbours in the UK. You might be interested to learn that we import well over 100,000 secondhand cars per year from the UK into Ireland. Usually considerably more than the amount of new cars registered actually!

The drive mode switch wasn't a deal breaker and I'm glad I bought the car anyway but now I wonder could the switch be retrofitted and the car's software updated to match? It would be nice to have the sportier engine and gearbox characteristics offered by dynamic mode and I would love to have offroad mode considering it is a cross country. I am also very interested in getting the Polestar optimisation but would this be possible without the drive mode switch?

I looked at dozens of V90s online, mostly in the UK, before buying this one. They all had that drive mode selector switch. When I found the V90 CC I actually finally bought, it was the only V90 I had seen without the switch.

I did some further research afterwards and I managed to find maybe 2 or 3 other V90s for sale that don't have it but they are the most basic models. It's a little hard to believe that they sold this V90 cross country without the ability to select off road mode. Also it is D5 which is the highest power diesel so I would have assumed that the ability to select the dynamic/sporty mode would be standard!

I'm sure I can fit the switch easily enough but I wonder if the cars software can be updated to give me the driving mode options. Any ideas?

No , it's factory fit only ..
It is no big loss to be frank ..
what not put your money on a Polestar upgrade instead ....
you will have all the modes at once and more

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515657/2021