View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 10:58   #13
Dippydog
Premier Member

Just a brief update on this.For various reasons looking at the car when expected didn't happen[plan now is to look at it tomorrow]a couple of other things also spring to mind that have been bothering me since the gearbox change.The drivers side driveshaft has a flanged rubber collar on it,this is about 2" long the inboard flange butts up against the ABS ring while the outer flange would I imagine butt up against the back of the wheel bearing and the collar is only a loose fit on the shaft.I can't recall seeing such a thing when I changed the o/s wheel bearing on my V70 nor have I seen it on pictures of new/used driveshafts.There seems to be no reference to it in Haynes and looking on such as E-Bay no-one seems to be selling one as a replacement part.Should it be there?The second thing is the hole in the end of the driveshaft where the centre bolt screws in is full of grease that looks to be the same type as used in CV joints,obviously the threads of the centre bolt are also coated in the same grease,surely that shouldn't be the case?
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote