Thread: Electrics: - Fog Lights Not working
View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 15:57   #24
orangeworx

Default Won't turn on

Hey guys!
Came across this thread as I'm trying to diagnose my fog light issue...
I have an 01 S40 1.9T, north American model. It didn't come with fog lights originally, I picked up the fog lights and "upgraded" CEM (functional left button for front fogs)
Installed everything, it's already prewired as someone already mentioned..that went smooth but they won't turn on, not actual lights nor on the dash... Rear fog does turn on in the back and on dash.
I haven't started full diagnostics, just followed directions in the car manual on turning the fog lights on but nada.
While trying to read on the matter, someone mentioned that the car needs a software update while another user just plugged things and voila!

I'd love to hear from you guys
Thanks.

Edit: when I said CEM, I actually meant the control unit left side of steering wheel... I just removed this to look into it and tested the buttons while the controller was out... I can only hear the relay click in the CEM when pushing the rear fog button. No clicking when front fog button is pushed... Faulty CEM/front fog relay?
Are the CEMs the same for this car?
Edit 2: so I cracked the CEM open and it looks like above photo... Plugged it in and pushed the buttons, front and rear... Felt the clicking came from the white relay, leftmost on picture, only with rear button being pressed ... Didn't think of taking a picture of it though :/

Last edited by orangeworx; Jun 20th, 2017 at 16:45.
orangeworx is offline   Reply With Quote