Thread: Electrics: - Fog Lights Not working
View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 19:08   #23
Bjtech1954

Default Fog lights notworking

Hi All, my volvo S40 fog lights and parking lights were not working after checking all the fuses I opened up the CEM and with a little detective work found that the relay responsible for powering the fog lights and parking lights was the one on the left hand end ( see attachment ) this was clicking when turning on the parking lights but no power was getting through to the blue and violet wire the Blue and yellow wire 3rd and 4th from the left end, miraculously after clicking it on and off zillions of times power came through to the blue and violet and blue and yellow wires.
I was going to trace the wires along to their next destination somewhere under the dashboard, when my neighbor said that my lights were on, so I can only surmise that the relay had a dirty contact and switching it on and off many times eventually dislodged the dirt, I checked the Fog lights and they too were working, so that left hand end relay in the CEM is part of the parking light/fog light circuit, which comes on when you turn the light switch to parking lights when the ignition is off (fog lights don't work with ignition off) and comes on automatically when you start the engine.
I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo S40 CEM.JPG (36.6 KB, 39 views)
Bjtech1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bjtech1954 For This Useful Post: