View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 21:52   #56
Rich850R
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Nail on the head there John. It's wrong to judge a car based on stereotypical indications of "Max Power" sort of stuff, and yes a tar & feathering is expected for those comments BUT you reiterated my thoughts. The new tyres were put on by the dealer, but I would expect a premium brand at the price point that is being asked for. Maxxis may be an up coming make but not something I personally would put on any of my performance cars.
I didn't get into all of the electrics, aircon etc. my mind was already made up after some basic prodding about and what was on show, so I wasn't going to waste time on incidentals. In truth its not a bad car at all, but I didn't get the right vibes and feeling which for me is a must to feel connected to a car that's not just an A to B chariot. At 25 years old its not going to be perfect, but then there should be signs of a genuine loving previous owner and I didn't see that lovin' in plain sight sadly.

My 2003 daily driver Impreza WRX Wagon is not a show queen, but its in damn good shape for its age and (in my opinion) shows it has/is looked after in a fastidious way despite being in daily service for going to work, going to the shops, tip runs and whatever is asked of it etc.
I cooked the the head on our 850R, dropped a coolant hose and limped it home 1/3 of a mile. Ours was on circa 228k, while the head was off we went full bore belt and braces on a full rebuild, 2.4 bottom end, forged, hybrid turbo. The build is massive, No expense spared. For the Gul sort of cash I’d be expecting the same and some!!

Why out maxis on?? Michelin’s or something similar on a car such as this!!!
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich850R For This Useful Post: