View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 15:57   #54
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Gel plates, blue neon bulbs and a replacement head gasket all point to a hard life (yes, I'm sure there will be howls of protests from owners with gel plates and blue neon bulbs who don't drive the whole time with the right foot buried in the carpet but it's all suggestive and it's the sort of things when chasing the "right" classic car which should be taken into consideration). The Maxxis tyres also suggest that the owner was on a tight budget which then raises the question of how fastidiously the car was maintained and the owners priorities (use the money for bulbs and plates to buy proper Pirellis instead). All these things add up.
I'd expect cracking of the leather on the drivers seat and worn alcantara but the other seats (if the leather has been cared for) should be in good shape.
A respray is not a bad thing at all if its been done to the highest standards - i.e. glass and all seals out, all trim off, lights out, etc, etc. Nothing worse than spraying to edges as it invites future problems.
Does everything work, e.g. sunroof, aircon, seat recliners, mirrors, etc.? All electricals and mechanical items should function properly.
Did you dig into the diagnostics and check for fault codes? There should be none.
Given rarity and age, it'll be impossible to find the "perfect" Gul, but at £25K I'd expect it to be damned close.

John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnM 855 T5R For This Useful Post: