View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 22:56   #20
Ian21401
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
That's about the size of it Ian, if you don't have ABS check the bleed sequence as i think it's different on non-ABS cars.

Also a little tip, use a long bleed tube from the nipple to the receptacle and take it upwards from the caliper a few inches so that as soon as fluid enters it, you have a trap to prevent air getting back in. Also it helps show up bubbles as they come through and makes it easier to see the fresh fluid as well.
On my other beast i took the bleed hose up to the gap between the wing and bumper, the down to the receptacle - seem to recall when i last did the 760 i did the same then.

The Gunsons Eezibleed kit comes with a range of caps, one of which is the correct one for the Volvo master cylinder.. I top up the bottle after each caliper to be on the safe side.
Thanks Dave.
I’ve had a Gunsons Eezibleed kit for a long time and used it very successfully and do the same as you suggest re routing the bleed tube from the nipple to the jam jar. I read somewhere a long time ago to start with the brake with the longest run of brake pipe from the master cylinder and work from there. I cannot now remember which car it was but on one of my previous cars, because of the way the brake pipes were routed, the offside rear was the longest run, followed by the nearside rear and then the offside front and then the nearside front.

Since 2005: 1992 Volvo 940 estate 2.0L. Manual. Daily driver and workhorse.
Ian21401 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian21401 For This Useful Post: