View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 19:12   #18
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Am I being naive or is it simply a case of connecting a self bleed kit to the master cylinder reservoir and bleeding at every brake? If so, how much fluid needs to go through the system to ensure it is all changed?
That's about the size of it Ian, if you don't have ABS check the bleed sequence as i think it's different on non-ABS cars.

Also a little tip, use a long bleed tube from the nipple to the receptacle and take it upwards from the caliper a few inches so that as soon as fluid enters it, you have a trap to prevent air getting back in. Also it helps show up bubbles as they come through and makes it easier to see the fresh fluid as well.
On my other beast i took the bleed hose up to the gap between the wing and bumper, the down to the receptacle - seem to recall when i last did the 760 i did the same then.

The Gunsons Eezibleed kit comes with a range of caps, one of which is the correct one for the Volvo master cylinder.. I top up the bottle after each caliper to be on the safe side.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: