View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 21:17   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
Hi Dave

No, I don't get that but sounds like what happened when my 760 master cylinder went when I was out in the overtaking lane!
Not nice at all! Had similar happen to me in a Merc Sprinter on the M62 going towards Leeds during friday evening rush hour!

There was a fluid leak somewhere and the traffic in front had stopped. I hit the brakes and the pedal disappeared! Luckily lanes 2 and 1 were clear so the hazards went on and i shot across to the hard shoulder.

Not what should be done normally but in what i condered an emergency then (and still do 18 years later) probably about the best thing i could have done. Got off at the next roundabout on the edge of which was a 24/7 repair garage so it was left there and i hitched home.
Boss wasn't happy as i disturbed his friday evening down the pub and he had to pay for the brakes to be fixed but i wasn't going to wait a week up there until it was fixed!

But i digress - it does sound so far like your m/cyl, let us know how you get on with your tests. Was lucky with my Rover the other day, had a spare in the shed which is fitted and working. Needs rebleeding (they're notoriously tricky to bleed and get right first time so was expected) but i have brakes until i do that.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: