Thread: Washer pressure
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2022, 11:20   #2
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
My 240 washers are ok but I’d like to increase the flow.

Now then, I’ve a few new washer pumps from my Land Rovers . Could I put one in the pipeline and piggyback power it.

Would it work or am I being too simple?
Hmm, interesting project, and would be something I'd be interested in, for my 940 if a workable solution is found.

I'm a bit of a newbie to all this faffing around with cars, but my initial thought would be that just putting another pump somewhere in the tubing run to the jets, would still be limited on the volume of fluid that the main washer can draw/pump out of the washer fluid reservoir?? Need someone well versed in fluid dynamics😀

I suppose the ideal solution would be if a larger main pump from perhaps a later model might fit the original bottle.

My old car Audi Allroad had great washers, but they had a design fault in that when rear screen washers got blocked (as they tend to do if not used much) they tended to blow the tubing apart at a stupidly placed joint in the tubing near the rear hatch hinge area. This then lead to fluid running down inside the rear D post where of course some very expensive electronic control modules were fitted!!! Progress eh.....

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: