View Single Post
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 13:58   #9
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Red face

For me it was a case of needs must, it had to go in and we're talking 1000ths of an inch at a time

The problem is it very nearly goes in but jams about halfway so mainly you want to ensure the the inner face is smooth (which you probably just nicked with a hacksaw and chisel) and for some reason the collar of the new bush has a slight bulge which presumably helps to hold it in tightly

And of course none of that is possible with the rubber and metal bar in place so they needed to come out and then silicone greased again on reassembly .. that actually was a bit of a faff to get back in as well but not impossible

So it's a mixture of the two things being smoothed out slightly and gently tapping until you think it's gonna go all the way before committing to big whacks

I will grant you it's not the officially sanctioned method lol but mine have been on about a year now and I've done plenty of hard acceleration and braking in that time

The other bush (nearest to steering rack) is a piece of p.ss you just push it in at an angle using a vice

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Aug 4th, 2022 at 14:03.
stuart bowes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post: