View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 16:25   #2
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

Personally I would (and did) just replace the bushes, I went with powerflex poly's but I've no doubt the original type are available

The press itself isn't the problem, it's the tooling required to hold it at the right angle while you press it in, the first one I managed gradually using a piece of tubing milled out to the right ID but then my press broke (long story)

On the second one I actually dismantled the bush so I was only working with the metal sleeve, then I just used a bobbin sander slowly and gradually until it went in nice and tight with a hammer

Don't force it in too hard straight away or it'll get stuck in there and you'll have to cut it out, back to square 1 trying to find a new wishbone. Ask how i know..

Getting the old ones out is fairly easy just time consuming, drill away at the rubber until the middle falls out, then hacksaw at the sleeve in two places about 10mm apart and chisel out the cut piece

Due to work involved getting the damn things off the car in the first place it needs to be thought of as a whole weekend job and even then make sure you have a backup car for the Monday just in case

I did find aftermarket ones at energised customs which were priced low but they felt cheap around corners, I used them as temps while my polys were being fitted

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; Aug 3rd, 2022 at 16:27.
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuart bowes For This Useful Post: