View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2024, 19:41   #2
Steve 940
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanC View Post
I know there isn't a selling facility on the Forum, but I would appreciate other's experience/advice on selling an older car.

I've owned my 1996 960 3Ltr 24v since 2001. I bought it with 42,000 miles on the clock and it now has 185,000 miles. I've looked after it meticulously, in particular changing the oil every 5000 miles using Mobil 1 0w-40 fully synthetic oil. Over the past seven years the oil changes have been annual, at about 2,500 miles, as I have used the car less and less. The mechanicals are all in good condition and the car runs nicely.

I'm now using only my XC40 and the 960 just sits in the garage. It is in excellent condition, with no significant rust that I know of.

I know I can't sell the car via the Forum - but can anyone advise me on the best way of selling a good older car, preferably to someone who will give it a further lease of life?

Stan
Hi Stan,

There is a Selling page on here, just click on 700/900Series General on the main page, then when it opens, you should see a bar with three options, second one is titled 700/900 Sales, Click that and you can see what people are looking to sell.

Just create a new thread, with your cars details, you can also upload photos, but I always end up with them upside down, perhpas someone more tech savvy may assist.

Good luck with your sale.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: