View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 20:45   #10
ld0595

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmac View Post
Hi,

I can answer the easy question - that's a V70 wing in Garnet Red.

BR,

Rich.
Many thanks - that was my suspicion. At least I didn't get my hopes up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
Sadly the insurance company will class that as a write off, you can buy the car back and have it repaired but best speak to a local coach builder shop for costs before you decide
That's my worry. It's near enough 27 years old and the bodywork wasn't in the greatest shape to start with. The interior isn't too bad, it's been spotlessly reliable, has four new tyres and even a full tank of E5.. couldn't have come at a worse time! Despite all that, I'm almost certain it'll be a write off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
From the photos I would say the biggest issue is repairing the A pillar to the correct profile to ensure the screen fits and seals without leaks.

If it goes through insurance there is a very big chance they will write the car off. Cost of the A pillar repairs, a new wing and screen, along with all the stripping work and respraying will outweigh the insurers valuation of the car - which will be three parts of bugger all.

If it was me, I would take it to a local small bodyshop and ask their opinion of the potential repairs and cost. Then proceed from there.
Exactly my thoughts. A wing alone is £600 from Volvo, plus £400 to paint so I'm a grand in before thinking of anything else. The issue with taking it to a bodyshop is that it's undriveable at the moment thanks to the hole in the windscreen.

Thanks again all who have replied
ld0595 is offline   Reply With Quote