View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 17:09   #2505
Bican

I have the same issue. Tried to clean the EGR and the cooler and still there. Mine is sticking when closing. It probably needs bushings replaced.
Lovely thing is the EGR part is not available as and aftermarket and you have to pay the dealer premium. When I was on diagnostics at a dealer and asked:"Am I going to get a brand new EGR or remanufactured when I buy it here?" The answer was:" We do not know. We sent the old ones back though."
That is for me the most annoying part. Most likely even if you pay premium at a dealer you get remanufactured part which price is less than a half at aftermarket but it is not in stock even at manufacturer (refurbisher). Probably Volvo is buying all of them.
Luckily there a people in Poland that refurbish them, they clean them (mechanically, chemically and by ultrasound), replace bushings etc. Seal them and do a leak test. The cost is up to 300 Euro. I plan to order it next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgian View Post
EGR Fault code PD04D9 at 90k km. Since my volvo dealer refused to replace the EGR and cooler under warranty, because I serviced my car myself, I cleaned the EGR and Valve, and solved the problem temporarely.

Now at 143k km, fault code P00BC00 (MAF low air flow) with "reduced motor power" warning and the appearance of the notorious turtle of doom, I suppose the EGR has to be replaced again, so I ordered the parts already (1000 €).
Bican is offline   Reply With Quote