Thread: 240 General: - Fuses/Fuel Pump Relay
View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 12:58   #17
chesters6
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul240480 View Post
Hi Loki_the_glt I take it that means no in tank pump too?

If you can confirm, I'll copy that snippet on my in tank pump replacement thread if that's okay?
Thanks.
no only a mechanical pump ,on mine the input from the tank goes to the pump and the pumps outlet goes to a plastic cylinder before going to the carb ,the cylinder sits almost out of sight under the manifold ,i presume it stops bubbles of air going to the carb?.
when i got the car the fuel filter was on the pipe from the pump to the cylinder which i thoough was strange so i moved the filter to the pump inlet where theres room to see it and more importantly fit a new one with ease

i lost my running lights Thursday ,i found their fuse melted and all of the connections covered in verdigris ,a good clean and a squirt of corrosion inhibitor should see it through the winter ,it (the corrosion of the fuse holders)may also have caused the wiper blades to hesitate here and there in the rain as they are fine now

My DL with its cisac doesn't have the large petrol filter that sits near the bonnet hinge in some ,i also spotted a surprising thing ,if the fuels pumped to the carb you can fit a larger filter but if you have a mechanical pump which sucks fuel from the tank it has problems creating enough vacuum to get petrol past the filter and the filter never fills with petrol (theres just enough for the engine to run though),a small filter is fine ,you have to replace it more often though ,i spotted the problem when the car acted strange in fast acceleration

Last edited by chesters6; Jul 24th, 2011 at 13:09.
chesters6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chesters6 For This Useful Post: