View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 14:12   #23
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloran View Post
Will sell as spares/repairs as if we stay out of lockdown I reckon I'll have a long commute a couple of days a week which will need something more economical.

Garage is one street away and slightly uphill from us so potentially we can push it

On the subject of towing, we've got good solid towing eyes on both cars and a flexible tow rope with proper hooks but I'm wondering whether the brakes will be effective enough without a booster? Last thing I towed was an MX5 which is a much different prospect!
Don't do anything too hasty, i've alerted another forum member who may be interested, hopefully he'll be along soon enough to make enquiries etc.

If you can use a solid bar to tow it, the tow vehicle will brake for both, if not have the handbrake on one or two clicks (not fully on, just enough to make a slight difference) to help keep the tension in the rope and give some braking and press harder on the brake pedal. If it's that close you won't get up to any real speed so should be fine as long as you're careful.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: