View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 20:25   #15
Malcolm Rouchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
Glad to see that you have returned to the centre of the universe (I am a Chesterfield lad - well Bolsover to be precise - although I dont live there now).

I agree you have done your bit having worked for the military, and that is a question rather than a dig, but I presume when you were non resident then you didnt pay UK taxes? I presume though that you kept UK citizenship so that you could come back though?

Welcome back to the UK, its likely to be a bit if a bumpy ride for a couple of years post Brexit but sure it will be fine in the end.....Given I am heading to retirement I am hoping its sooner or later as I could do with my pension pot not being decimated....
As my pension was under the taxable limit I didnt pay any tax. I'd never would have given up my UK citizenship, or my British passport.

Quite a few whites in South Africa trying to move to UK, partly because of affirmative action, people are put into jobs they do not have the ability to do, jobs that are based on skin colour and not on merit. When these people stuff up they blame it on apartheid, they refuse to take responsibility for their own actions.

I'm all for Brexit, Brussels should never be able to pass laws that we have o comply with, thereby losing our sovereignty to a bunch of eurocrats not voted for by the British. I definitely believe Britain will be far better off in the long run.

Where are you living now?