View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2021, 10:24   #4
Steve 940
Premier Member

Default Stumped!!

Right, daylight now, so back onto trying to sort new radio.

Pulled out old unit again, as having no joy yesterday had just put back loosely in the car.

Part of this needed putting security code in, so previous owner had noted this in handbook. Then noticed the radio technical specs were listed at the back of the guide, states radio has internal 4 x 15x amplifier for door speakers, dash speakers connected with internal filter to front door speakers.

This obviously supports Gavins advice that my model does not have the external amplifier that I had spent yesterday trying to locate......

Looking at the suggested Autoleads harness online, it looks exactly like the one I had bought in readiness to do the radio upgrade on the misunderstanding mine had the external amplifier. All the other harness adapters I've found all mention about bypassing the amp.

Reverted back to old school pen and paper to just note on a diagram of the connectors, all the wire colours on the two connectors from the harness at the rear of space for the radio. Was hoping I could use wiring diagram from Haynes to decipher what cable does what.

Really stumped now, as whilst some of the wire colours match to the Haynes manual, a lot don't!! The only one I have been able to verify is the constant 12v pink/black using multimeter, also assume the two Blacks would be ground??

Enclosed is image of the two connectors that I am trying connect to ISO to Blaupunkt head unit. One is 10 pin (only 8 pins used) and the other is 14 pin (13 pins used)

If I could source matching female connectors, and identify exactly what cable is what, then I could wire up the supplied ISO connectors. Can't seem to find any sources of connectors online that look like what I need, I don't know if they have a technical name, just searching 10 / 14 pin connectors etc.

Any ideas or pointers would be most welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3238.jpg (170.4 KB, 7 views)
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote