View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 17:22   #5
Dave Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullevi View Post
Hi all,newbie here!

I am a Volvo virgin and am seriously looking at getting a XC60 later on in the year.

Reading this forum however is making me rather nervous with regards to AWB failures in the XC90.

Do you feel this is something I should worry about?Does the XC60 have an AWD failure light or has the AWD system been modified?

Also,in regards to engines,I have searched the forum and found very useful info,but the posts mainly relate to the diesel engines.I am looking to get the 3L T6,does anyone have any info on what that engine is like?(Thirsty,I know!)

Thanks in advance,Vince.
Hi Vince,

I ran an XC60 T6 SE LUX for about six weeks in the autumn
The new T6 is a really good unit, so much better than the old 2.9 T6 found in early XC90 & S80
Very smooth and fluid delivery, makes a nice noise which is a bonus,
Its an easier unit to get on with than the 3.2 I've got at the moment, MPG wise after the initial "lets see what this will do" phase that gave 5.8MPG it settled down to just under 20, brochure says 23.7 combined and I think on a run thats achievable.
For reference I get 17 average from 3.2 as it doesn't pick up as well & needs some persuasion to get going sometimes.

Very impressed with the car overall & we are having a T6 to replace the XC70 late spring as soon as I find one I like the specification of.

Some people I know have and will again mention RFL being expensive but isnt it relative?
This car is going to cost you £35-40K, why compromise over an extra £190 a year if its what you want?

Dave

Dave Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Brown For This Useful Post: