View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2022, 13:04   #200
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problemchild1976 View Post
It’s a bit low at the back (that’s 40mm lowering on the back and 60mm on the front)

The car is now 100% level but I’d rather have a nice down look with the arch gap similar.

Started first time after 7 weeks on axle stands (on a battery conditioner) but can’t drive it yet as the wheel arch is actually resting on the rubber on the drivers side rear

Adjustable panhard has been fitted but not adjusted yet

JJ
I'm intrigued to see how you solve that one :-). Even with standard springs you will need more than 40mm of suspension travel. You seem to have 225/40R18 tyres fitted, which would give you about the same rolling diameter as would a 195/65R15, so that isn't really the issue, it is hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the wheels don't have a large enough offset.

Have you tried moving the steering at the front? Perhaps it is just the parallax, but it looks like you may also have clearance problems close to full lock at that end.

Do you know what is the offset for the wheels? From memory standard wheels are 20mm; you have 30mm wider tyres but I should think (just looking at the RB) 15mm wider (inside and outside) tyres should still fit the wheel arches as long as the offset for the new wheels is something like 20-30mm.

Good fortune, I am genuinely fascinated to see what is the solution for this puzzle.

Alan

Last edited by Othen; Jun 22nd, 2022 at 13:33.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: