View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 13:29   #29
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volbo View Post
I have found a few single alloys at reputable places that should be distortion-free. At sub-£100 it’s probably cheaper than straightening the current one, judging by the refurb place I contacted.
I can't remember what I paid for straightening but not £100, the added problem I had was that my wheels are Volvo Aries which were an option on the 240/740/940 and there are very few left, but if you can find a good replacement for yours at a good price it would be more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volbo View Post
Not sure how much I trust a wheel that was bent out of shape and then bent back into shape as well either...maybe that’s just me being paranoid, though, since any used wheel you get may have been straightened!
That was an advantage of using Precision Welding as their business is primarily engineering so they understand issues like strength of repairs and they can do some major repairs, heating, welding and machining as necessary, much like one might have a broken or rusted chassis repaired. They were recommended to me by the place I get my tyres done, some of the 'refurb' companies are little more than painters and polishers so I wouldn't trust them to 'straighten' a wheel probably by whacking it with a lump hammer.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post: