Thread: Ebay Conundrum?
View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 01:14   #3
Bernard333
Premier Member

Without being able to have a test drive I would be concerned also about the gearbox and dont rely on it being an easily repairable fault thats caused it to break down unless you know for sure . I bought a 2001 SE V70 2.4T auto with 124k miles fitted with a towbar and electrics for £500 from a forum member with a faulty gearbox but otherwise in good condition with everything working and excellent bodywork and interior with a full main dealer service history and ten months mot . I know you are not supposed to tow an auto but we towed mine for about 20 miles . The car now seems to drive ok without any major repairs being done although its possible the gearbox is still faulty and could well be it needs replacing . The car I purchased was advertised on this forum for two weeks before I bought it so even at that price it cant have been that much of a bargain otherwise someone else would have snapped it up before me . The location and transport cost is going to put a lot of people off , if it were in Glasgow I would bid to £650 for that car on the basis that if the engine and gearbox turned out to be knackered then you could get your money back by breaking it .

Last edited by Bernard333; Apr 28th, 2010 at 01:22.
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard333 For This Useful Post: