View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2013, 22:10   #10
St Evelyn
VOC Member

If you look in the My Car menu whilst driving and go through to stop/start, it will always show up as 'engine system' preventing stop/start from working when the DPF is regenerating. You should note though, that this message can also come up due to other causes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
This happens roughly once a tank full of fuel .
Sadly in my case, for the last 2 months this comes up every other day, along with an associated significant drop in economy; I only ever use Shell diesel in my S80 D3 and drive about 750 miles a work for my daily commute, meaning that I fill up pretty much once every week so it would appear to be happening 2-3 times as frequently as it ought to. Strange that it used to be once a week to once a fortnight prior to the summer though...

In addition, since my latest service a couple of weeks ago, I now get the 'electrical system' preventing stop-start every single day - getting really exasperated with the stop-start system now. MRG tell me that if the battery goes below a certain level (73% full I think they said) then this will cause this message - it all seems a bit strange to me that over 35K miles I saw this message twice, then I've seen it every day since my last service less than 2K miles ago. I do wonder whether the latest software update has tweaked some settings, causing this error.
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St Evelyn For This Useful Post: