Thread: 850 t5
View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2022, 22:54   #2
Roderick Plinge

Smile Few more pics...

Ok...I haven't a clue any more what the market price is for cars (or anything else for that matter!). Most prices for "modern classics" are completely and utterly made up - I posted a thread on here a while back about this and noticed the other days 1710 replies!! So I'm not the only one!
Anyway, I've given in and offered the asking price of £2850 for the car. I haven't seen it in the flesh, the guy is bringing it over tomorrow afternoon for me to look at, and if I don't like it and he takes it back it'll cost me £80 plus a cup of tea and a slice of my wife's Victoria sponge.
You know I think maybe it's a fair price - I mean what price can you put on a car or anything if you want it badly enough. Not a great many of these up for sale at any one time, and the pics look good and the MoT history on the DVLA website doesn't appear to hold any gremlins other than a "Emissions not tested engine temp rising (8.2.1.2 (d))" reference which I'm not sure about. Guy says car doesn't overheat, he's driving it here tomorrow, so I will leave it running just to double check.
I contacted him about a lovely V70 Mk1 T5 but that had gone and he just happened to have the 850 T5 and offered me that. Let me know what you all think....appreciated as always!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6179 (1).jpg (161.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6197 (1).jpg (169.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6199.jpg (185.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6188.jpg (151.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6185.jpg (122.7 KB, 80 views)
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote