View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2021, 00:16   #52
sv70

Neither is being a main dealer with global support, a guarantee of getting a good honest service and integrity, like you say- '' One needs to take each individual example by it's own merits'' and if you apply that school of thought to this particular case then that is a big black mark against that dealership and the only redeeming act on their side is admitting they forgot to put oil in before starting it. In your case you had a dreadful experience from an independent, and in Davadava's case he also had a similar experience, but in his case he could be the price of a replacement engine out of pocket, whereas you was 300 miles of fuel and an interior valet out of pocket - [neither scenario is acceptable] - i know which one i would choose if i had the option. I know of a few instances where guys who used to work for the main dealers have spread their wings and started their own independent garages, having the full experience of main dealer training, but their prices are more competitive, through not having the big boys overheads - you are getting exactly the same mechanical know how and expertise, only you don't get greeted by a nice lady asking you- tea or coffee sir and no plush carpet on your way to paying the bill.You pay your money and take your choice.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sv70 For This Useful Post: