View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 18:54   #154
ma42

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
The admin team has received a report for a post in this thread, and having reviewed the past 10 pages or so, I have to say that although I don't think there's anything specific which requires any action, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the tone of the discussion - it appears to be bad-humoured from multiple angles. Please take some time to consider the nature of your contributions (it's possible to disagree agreeably, etc) - and that goes for all involved.

If the forum isn't here for people to share their concerns, what is its purpose? I am loyal to the Volvo brand, but I certainly won't hesitate to pass comment when they make a mistake. I would like to think that any points of difference are about the manner of expression, rather than a suggestion that criticism should be reserved.

FWIW, I think I would be utterly fuming if I'd spent £40k+ on something which feels like it's running beta software (and this is not the first time I've heard of this complaint with the AAOS cars). I don't want to be part of the development programme when I'm spending a pile of money! That seems to be the way of it with cars of the last 5+ years, though, so I'm aware it's not particularly a brand-specific issue. For that matter, I still moan regularly about how awful the original Sensus Satnav in the P3s is (compared with an app or standalone TomTom, etc, of the era), and that was only a £1200 option!

cheers

James
A very valid point about having to use what looks & feels like beta software.
ma42 is offline   Reply With Quote