View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2021, 15:30   #8
chandra

Hi

Garage took it for test drive and could hear the quiet rotational rubbing with windows down at low speed but they were not sure what it was without a full teardown.

So. just got round to re-checking the brakes myself and investigating further.

Absolutely zero issues with discs, pads, or Brake Caliper and no foreign objects etc I dismantled/cleaned and re-assembled the lot. The Bosch (E190R02C00740334, BD2191) discs are running true and no warps. They are good quality discs and pads.

Having listened very carefully while rotating hub the sound seems to be coming from the front driveshaft. Rubber boots in excellent condition with no rips.

So for now I am not going to do anything about it. At anything above a crawl and windows back up I can't here anything. If it gets worse I think the drive shaft will require renewing as could be the CV joint within the rubber boot. (or it could still be the bearing)

One thing I didn't do is check the tightness of the nut that goes into the hub. with the torque wrench perhaps I will do that another day, but I doubt there are any issues there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driveshaft.jpg (51.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by chandra; Aug 13th, 2021 at 16:00.
chandra is offline   Reply With Quote