Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2020, 09:56   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

A couple of observations - the headlights look like they're from a 264 rather than a 244 and the lamps below the bumper appear to be a mix of fog lights on the outer edges and driving lamps inboard. The driving lamps should have a clearer lens pattern and give a long range beam (and be wired to only come on with full beam) while the fog lamps should have a more diffused lens and spread the beam flat and wide.

For the windscreen trim clips, try a Volvo dealer. They have access to GCP - Genuine Classic Parts and a lot of older parts are held in stock in Sweden. Granted you have to wait a couple of weeks for them to arrive but they will be the right things.

As for the "diafram" (guessing at the phonetic spelling!), carry it with you and the right screwdriver to be able to change it. Many moons ago i got stranded by a pinhole in mine, luckily not far from work which wasn't far from a Volvo dealer so i was able to pick one up and fit it in my lunch hour and get mobile again. Inspection of the old one on a light box later revealed a tiny pinhole, only visible when stretched.

Like Loki says, use ATF to top up the dashpot on the carb.

Glad you're working your way through its little foibles and getting them sorted, looks like a nice car!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote