View Single Post
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 11:51   #8
Cozza
Cozza

Thanks folks. I paid the initial £99 reservation fee, discussed the car at length with CG and had the pushy sales guy trying to flog me Supaguard, their warranty and GAP insurance. I politely but firmly said I wouldn’t be taking them and he accepted that. I’ve paid a £200 deposit. I’m nervous but going to head down to London tomorrow. There’s a 7 day return option on it. It’s guaranteed not to have A, B, C, D, N or S total loss on it and not stolen. I sold my own Volvo last week so, together with savings, will be in a position to pay cash (well bank transfer). I’ve got the invoice and they haven’t tried to whack on an extra charge for not taking finance. I have, however, noticed they haven’t reduced my balance by the original £99 as well as the £200. A call me thinks.

I’ll go in with my eyes wide open and have a thorough look over it, taking into account the inputs from yourselves.

I agree that I should try to buy more local but I genuinely have been looking for months and haven’t found the balance of cost v mileage v value.

I’m not ignoring the advice you folks are trying to give. It’s valuable 😊 and is serving to heighten my senses tomorrow 🤞
Cozza is offline   Reply With Quote