View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 15:41   #5
mat80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
Hi Mat,

Nothing much to add other than to say good luck and even though it was a far less complicated car, I had to lower the subframe to squeeze the gearbox out on my old 850 T5 to change the clutch too.

Have a look here, around post #5 onwards for some pics. I forgot I had that many trolley jacks

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283304

Keep us updated with progress

Cheers
Stu
Very interesting read (nice write up), Rusty bolts are a personal worry to me from past experiences, bet you had a shock with the amount of rust you had, also interested that the subframe used stretch bolts (I was not going to change mine as I did not think they were, it seem impossible to know which ones are stretch bolts).
I have 4 trolley jacks , 1 for under the engine (as I do not have a hoist and will use wood across the top with rope!) and 1 for under the gearbox + the others to use as supports when needed.(so almost as many as you)
My running car which I am using until I get this car sorted is a v50 2L Diesel just past 230000 miles and can not see the engine stopping, last MOT made me do work to all 4 corners and the rusty bolts scare me -I could not get of of the rear springs off due to a stuck bolt.
Anyway I will attempt to remove the subframe when the weather is better and I now have my head around the auto clutch so will fit that without the tool!
mat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mat80 For This Useful Post: