View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 13:44   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Unless a car is very, very good and exactly what one is looking for, prices like that are probably optimistic, 'miklamming'. But you only need one, and it is often rightly said that any car is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

Although I now have a V70, I also have a considerable fondness for RWD cars, especially the 7 series. My wife took one to over 250 thousand miles, and we had our GLE estate for over 18 years before it failed the MOT on advanced corrosion ( it was 29 years old).

Having said that, and from what you say, realistically, I think yours is a £2-£3k car. Three, if you are not in a hurry and prepared to wait for the right buyer; two, if you are desirous for a quick sale. All things being equal, if I was looking, I'd consider £2,500 a fair price, and would probably snap your hand off at two.

You could obviously promote the car on this forum, but as most members will already have a car (or cars) you may not always find a buyer this way. However you decide to proceed I wish you good fortune with the sale - it will clearly be a wrench for you.

Regards, John.