View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2021, 09:49   #26
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal optimist View Post
What a great thread this has become.
Yes, a great thread. Anything to do with driving grabs my interest. I know how a car 'works' and can do basic maintenance, and kudos to the members on here who can do the more technical side of things, but my interest lies in what the car can do once you get it rolling.

Over the years i have picked up some great tips and tricks once I got the advanced driving bug, and had some brilliant tutors riding shotgun, including Class1 Roads Policing Officers and Police Driving Instructors, cajoling me and ripping my driving to bits, all in a fun way though, and in the best possible taste. Hats of to those guys. If you ever get the chance to drive with one grab it with both hands.

How many people know that hazard lines, the long ones, have one cats eye per line and the normal centre line has one cats eye every two lines. So when you are out night driving and the headlights pick up twice as many cats eyes you know there is some potential hazard ahead. I didn't, when I first learnt to drive. Just a bit of trivia.