View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 00:54   #25
peteS40

I found fitting that return pipe to be a bit of a pain in the bum coz it has to go straight in on the engine side and so if fitting to a turbo already on the car I think it would be easier to loosen the nuts holding the turbo to the exhaust manifold to give a bit of movement to get it on the turbo.

So it is possible (although unlikely!) that they failed to tighten these again or the nuts have loosened (replacement nuts I decided to get, and they were locknuts from volvo). For sure if this was the case you'd get both lots of vibration and loss of power if the seal went. As I say, a bit unlikely though... but simple to check all is done up by removing heatshield and checking.

What's more likely - if it is all connected - is it is related to changing those other things you had done. Did you have them all done at the same time? If not, do you think the problem is more related to one thing than another?

Dunno about DSA... best thing have the fault code read I would say. It must be logged. To be honest, I'm not even sure how the DSA works on these cars. My guess is it uses the ABS sensors and also the brake pedal switch to determine if you are braking or not, on my previous car the traction control was affected by the MAF sensor as well.

Pete