View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2024, 15:20   #4
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Yes, I run this size on my V70 T5. As noted above, they do rub slightly on full lock, but I don't tend to turn on absolutely hard full lock as this stresses the power steering and rack, so it really doesn't give me a problem.

I changed to this size from the lower profile tyre the T5 is normally fitted with because the higher profile gives a better ride, and given that a) I'm not a boy racer, so the very slight downgrade in handling is more than offset by the comfort benefits and b) the state of the roads around here means the higher profile is better over bumps and poses less chance of damaging a wheel over pot holes, I'm more than happy with this compromise.

Additionally, as noted they are significantly cheaper and more readily available too.

It does make a slight difference to the speedo reading, but in common with pretty much all speedos, the standard set-up over-reads the speed compared to GPS (this is designed-in, to make sure the car meets construction regulations). Using the higher profile (and therefore larger circumference) tyre reduced this over-read so that the speedo is now close to being perfectly accurate, which is a side-effect that I actually really like. I make this statement assuming that driving at a constant speed in a straight line the GPS speed readout on SatNav is accurate, which I think is a fair assumption.

I can't notice any difference in gearing at all, in fact I doubt the gearing ratios are different in a T5 to a normal variant, where this size is standard.

So IMHO if you feel inclined, I say go for it. Recommend that you change all 4 at the same time though, and definitely DO NOT mix sizes on the same axle. Don't forget about the spare too!

HTH

Last edited by Luxobarge; Apr 16th, 2024 at 15:22.
Luxobarge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Luxobarge For This Useful Post: