Thread: XC70: Suspension - Negative camber rear suspension
View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 21:33   #2
Turbodave
VOC Member

If it's both sides and a similar amount then it's unlikely something has been be thus it's more likely to be wear in certain bushes (or more than one set of bushes) along with rear springs getting a bit saggy in their old age? The lower the car sits, the more negative camber it will have. Bushes aren't always easy to judge either, more so if the suspension is weighted or indeed, unweighted.

Assuming nothing is damaged, then you're looking at bushes or ride height control... or both. Also some tyre brands seems more prone to edge wear than others. I'd suggest a four wheel geometry check and if it can be tweaked back in to spec, great but if not then it could just be a combination of a few things adding up as they wear with the miles or age.

I've also got an 08 XC70 AWD and I'm rather astonished by how light its been on it's tyres and I did expect some sort of uneven wear to show as the tyres wore on but nothing as yet and it's now pushing 15k on it's current set. Fairly recent geometry check suggested all was well in that respect through my main trailing arm bushes are on borrowed time now.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote