View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2021, 20:00   #1
Jim K

Default Volvo P210 Engine Support Cross Member

I need of some advice regarding frame, cross member, suspension.

I’m in the early stages of attempting to resurrect a Duett from 3 badly rusted vehicles.
None of the frames are complete. Of course, they are all missing pieces in the same area.

But before I attempt to stitch/fabricate one good frame, I need to ensure that I have at least one good engine support cross member.

As it turns out, I have one repairable cross member and two totally rusted out members.

The frame I chose to rebuild is from a 1965 P210 with a non-repairable cross member (see picture below)
The engine support cross member from the 1961 duett with a 1.6L engine is in good enough condition to rebuild (see picture below).

Unfortunately, the two cross members are not identical as can be seen in the picture.
I know that the 1961 has a different steering linkage assembly from the 1965, but I’m wondering if a B18 or B20 engine would still fit into the 1961 gross member without any major issues.

Also, the suspension appear to be the same for both years, and I also have the suspension and steering linkages for the 1965 duett.

Any light on this subject or shared experience would be greatly appreciated.

JimK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P210 engine cross member.jpg (74.7 KB, 22 views)
Jim K is offline   Reply With Quote