Thread: MY22 Pricelists
View Single Post
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 21:36   #29
Standerwick60

Default Choices, or no Choices!

Is anyone else feeling like we're going to hell in a handcart?! When I look at 2022 specs from most manufacturers, including Volvo, the inescapable conclusion is that choices of engines, colour, specs and options are becoming narrower and more prescriptive. The choice(?) of electric-only is becoming the norm when this ultimately, at end-of-life, polluting technology seems the only default option in the very near future. I 'get' the Polestar brand ethos but the main Volvo range seems to be losing it's way in the rush to electrify, hybridise and generally outlaw the efficiency of IC engines, particularly clean diesels. Is anyone going to call for a slowing of this headlong rush without proper infrastructure, at least in the UK? The roll-out of EVs in Scandinavian countries is far advanced but I cannot help but think that with the UK unpreparedness that a crisis could result in the long term. A Hydrogen Fuel Cell infrastructure and the ease of use of such a fuel would seem the obvious answer to a question which I increasingly feel needs urgent attention. Is the battery lobby too strong now and working against the HFC vehicle promoters?
I am amazed meanwhile that my V90CC D4, new in October 2020, is likely to be among the last of the line of diesel-only Volvos, astonishing!
Standerwick60 is offline   Reply With Quote