View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 14:18   #5
ca2n

Thanks, Dancake, for your reply.

I've just been out to the car to have another look.

By the looks of it, the LP/HP pump nipple was still securely threaded into the LP/HP pump and it was the hose that was twisting around the nipple.

I undid the hose clamp and took the hose off of the nipple, looking to replace with another clamp and tighten the hose-to-nipple connection.

Before I did that, I decided to see if my electric fuel pump was working by feeding the disconnected hose into an empty jar and turning the key to position II.

No fuel came out, neither on the first turn of the key nor on any of the >10 key turns that I performed.

I replaced the fuel pump fuse (15 A, No. 21 in the engine compartment) with a spare, and still no fuel was flowing with key in position II.

I think that pretty much concludes that my electric in-tank fuel pump is not running. It probably hasn't been working for the past 4000+ miles since I couldn't get the engine started after a fuel filter change. On that occasion, an AA technician came out and, with the help of easy-start, got the engine running again. And it probably has something to do with the CEM-3F91 Fuel pump (FP) relay Shorted to supply DTC I have had on VIDA for a while now.

>4000 miles later, I decided to do a diesel purge and have probably disrupted any sealing between the hoses and the LP/HP pump in the process, allowing air into the fuel system.

I could tighten all the hose fittings and force fuel to the LP/HP pump again (as it has been for the past 4000 miles), or I guess the better option would be to look into the electric fuel pump issue.

Can anybody point to where I might find this fuel pump relay? EDIT: It's "located internally in the Central Electronic Module".

Can it be faulty and replaced?

Last edited by ca2n; Apr 8th, 2021 at 14:47. Reason: Found answer to question
ca2n is offline   Reply With Quote