View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 23:48   #14
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

The national has been at York twice in recent years. It's been down south for a few years, but finding venues really isn't easy. If you have any ideas, I'm sure the guys will be all ears...but bear in mind it needs to accommodate caravans, and provide something for all the family.

I'm sure the reason it wasn't stickied had nothing to do with regional bias, nor anything to do with non-members. There is a debate about how open you make club events to non-members (generally speaking the major club-organised events are open for all to attend, but you have to be a member to 'show'), or else there's no point in joining....and yes, of course there are certain perks given to members (again, why else have membership?)...but that doesn't extend to preferential treatment re: event promotion, as Nigel has already said.

There's a stickied thread linking to the calendar. If you spot something you think should be stickied...let someone know, and we'll sticky it. There's no conspiracy...we're just busy and might not notice all these things! As for your offer...Des does a huge amount around here, and might not notice everything. If you can find the message in your sent items, drop me a line with it...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164