View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 14:02   #45
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challo View Post
New air intake hoses arrived yesterday from Ashley Classic, so got them changed this lunchtime. Still runs rich, so I do need to get that PCV box off and cleaned out. The top hose internals looked caked in air, and there was oil sat in the air intake hose.

Got it booked in for an MOT on the weekend, not expecting it to pass but thought it would allow me to see what else needs, to get it through.

On checking all the lights I noticed the left rear indicator bulb wasn't working when indicating. Checked the bulb and it all looked good, reconnected it and while the hazards come on with the button pressed, when I use the indicator (left / right) nothing happens.

Ran out of time at lunch, so will check again after work and see if a fuse has gone.

The wonders of a 30year old car :-)
Turn the hazards on/off several times in sharp jerky movements Chris - often if they're not used for a period of time and then used for testing (or sitting by the side of the road) the contacts don't find the indicator position again inside the switch.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: