Thread: V50 battery
View Single Post
Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 16:51   #4
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashmere View Post
OK thanx for that, I can manage that OK, so if I don't have a vida/dice or someone to set it up for me can I just go ahead and change the battery and hope and pray that everything will work or is it critical that a reset is done? Or am I wasting my time and money? I've been advised my static battery v is too high @12.84v which can throw all sorts of elec issues, the charge voltage is fine @14.40 and stable, battery is only 2yr old, and under test reads healthy.
Is 12.84v too high or is it bull####?
At the mo it's my cheapest option to try solve elec issues with this gremlin of a car which I am slowly losing the will to live with sadly.
12.84V seem more than normal, mine show 12.5 after car not being used for a while but i dont think its the issue, would be worried about gremlins if battery was showing 12.1 or less... Replaced my 7y old battery when was dropping to 12 and below (and electric issues started to show) but in your case i dont think its reason to worry... also you have presumably diesel battery maybe those have higher static voltage than others?

2.0D models shouldnt have issues with disconnected batteries, only 1.6D if i remember correctly can loose key code etc, dont think 2.0 has the same issue.