View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 15:09   #4
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juular View Post
Thanks for the encouragement.

The engine runs fine. A little lumpy now and then but the fuel is stale, and I think the K-Jet may need a little bit of adjustment. It managed to haul itself on and off a trailer without issue, working against the very seized brakes too so that's all encouraging.

Suspension wise it's going to probably need a refresh, new springs, track rods, control arms etc, and I will of course do the timing and drive belts. The car came with a bootful of spares, but the parts seem widely available for anything I need.

I'm not looking to make money on this car, I'm just looking forward to driving it and couldn't watch it get turned into bean tins.
That is good: if you account for your own time you will have to pay yourself a penny an hour to even break even on these old cars! We are all the same, none of us ever make any money from our older Volvo, but that isn't the point: it will be fun to drive when you have it finished and you will have the satisfaction of knowing you saved your motor car from the banger derby.

I think you will find this forum really useful - there are some real experts here. I acquired my first Volvo for over 30 years in February this year (the Royal Barge - a 40 year old 244) and have received lots of useful information, advice and encouragement since then. The RB is running really well now, here is a photo with its new winter wheels and boots on:

Good fortune with your project. I'm sure there will be some very knowledgeable chaps along later to help - and hopefully some fellow Scots that can help with the local parts supply.

Best wishes,

Alan