View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2020, 14:48   #3
Juular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Welcome, and thank you for posting the photos and words. It looks like it has the makings of a fine motor car, but with all that rust to deal with - you are a better man than I am, Gunga Din :-)

Is the rest of the car okay (the mechanical bits)?

I'm sorry, I can't help with the parts, but this forum is really useful and I'd be surprised if someone (like Loki or Laird Scooby - very knowledgeable chaps) doesn't chime in with the information you need. Perhaps there is even someone in Scotland that can help with sourcing the panels.

Do keep up apprised of your progress - we like projects like this and seeing Volvo 200s being saved.

Yours aye,

Alan
Thanks for the encouragement.

The engine runs fine. A little lumpy now and then but the fuel is stale, and I think the K-Jet may need a little bit of adjustment. It managed to haul itself on and off a trailer without issue, working against the very seized brakes too so that's all encouraging.

Suspension wise it's going to probably need a refresh, new springs, track rods, control arms etc, and I will of course do the timing and drive belts. The car came with a bootful of spares, but the parts seem widely available for anything I need.

I'm not looking to make money on this car, I'm just looking forward to driving it and couldn't watch it get turned into bean tins.
Juular is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post: